How To Delete Immuni Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Immuni account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Immuni app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Immuni completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Immuni Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Immuni. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Immuni via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Immuni.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Immuni of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Immuni's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Immuni on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Immuni from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Immuni app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Immunis from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Immuni icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Immuni.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Immuni app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Immuni" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Immuni app from your Android device
To delete Immuni from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Immuni.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Immuni app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Immuni app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Immuni Software Details
Immuni is the official exposure notification app of the Italian government, developed by the Extraordinary Commissioner for the COVID-19 Emergency, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry for Innovation Technology and Digitalization. The app is developed and released in full compliance with the protection of the user's personal data and with current legislation, including the law-decree of April 30, 2020, n. 28. In the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic, the app aims to notify users at risk of carrying the virus as early as possible—even when they are asymptomatic. Th...