How to Delete Amazon Care Completely
Learn how to delete your Amazon Care account, your personal data and also delete the Amazon Care app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Amazon Care completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Amazon Care Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Amazon Care. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Amazon Care via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Amazon Care.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Amazon Care of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Amazon Care's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Amazon Care on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Amazon Care from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Amazon Care app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Amazon Care from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Amazon Care icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Amazon Care.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Amazon Care app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Amazon Care" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Amazon Care from your Android phone
To delete Amazon Care from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Amazon Care.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Amazon Care app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Amazon Care app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Amazon Care Software Details
1. Amazon Care is designed to make it easier for you to access high-quality healthcare, combining the best of both virtual and in-person care by our expert clinical staff.
2. Amazon Care is a benefit currently being piloted for Amazon employees and their families in the Seattle area.