How To Delete GiveBlood Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your GiveBlood account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the GiveBlood app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with GiveBlood completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete GiveBlood Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by GiveBlood. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting GiveBlood via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with GiveBlood.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify GiveBlood of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete GiveBlood's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of GiveBlood on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete GiveBlood from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting GiveBlood app from an Iphone
If you want to delete GiveBloods from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the GiveBlood icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on GiveBlood.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the GiveBlood app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete GiveBlood" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting GiveBlood app from your Android device
To delete GiveBlood from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on GiveBlood.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the GiveBlood app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the GiveBlood app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
GiveBlood Software Details
GiveBlood is the official app of Canadian Blood Services. This app makes it easy for donors in Canada (excluding Quebec) to book, manage and keep track of their donations on the go. Users can locate their nearest donor centres and confirm their donation appointment with ease and efficiency. Features: • Search for donation centres near you • Use your current location to map local centres, and view their services and amenities • Bookmark your favourite locations • View available time slots • Book, view or cancel a donation appointment • Add appointments and reminders to your calendar •...