How to Delete Imprivata Completely
Learn how to delete your Imprivata Mobile Device Access account, your personal data and also delete the Imprivata app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Imprivata Mobile Device Access completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Imprivata Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Imprivata Mobile Device Access. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Imprivata Mobile Device Access via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Imprivata.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Imprivata of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Imprivata's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Imprivata Mobile Device Access on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Imprivata Mobile Device Access from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Imprivata app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Imprivata Mobile Device Access from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Imprivata Mobile Device Access icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Imprivata Mobile Device Access.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Imprivata Mobile Device Access app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Imprivata Mobile Device Access" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Imprivata from your Android phone
To delete Imprivata Mobile Device Access from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Imprivata Mobile Device Access.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Imprivata Mobile Device Access app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Imprivata Mobile Device Access app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Imprivata Mobile Device Access Software Details
1. For the application to function as designed, your organization must own the required amount of Imprivata OneSign and Mobile Device Access licenses.
2. Please note that this application is designed for enterprise deployments in healthcare organizations and is not intended for use by consumers.