How to Delete Castlight Completely
Learn how to delete your Castlight Mobile account, your personal data and also delete the Castlight app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Castlight Mobile completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Castlight Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Castlight Mobile. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Castlight Mobile via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Castlight.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Castlight of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Castlight's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Castlight Mobile on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Castlight Mobile from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Castlight app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Castlight Mobile from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Castlight Mobile icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Castlight Mobile.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Castlight Mobile app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Castlight Mobile" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Castlight from your Android phone
To delete Castlight Mobile from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Castlight Mobile.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Castlight Mobile app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Castlight Mobile app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Castlight Mobile Software Details
1. Do you have access to Castlight through your employee benefits plan? If so, you and your dependents can download Castlight Mobile: a personal healthcare dashboard that helps you find affordable and high quality care, anytime, anywhere.
2. Castlight Health is a trusted third party that connects directly to your insurance plan and does not share your personal information with your employer.
3. Plan status - Track how much of your deductible you’ve met, see your HSA balance, and review basic information about your health coverage all in one place.
4. The Castlight Mobile app is available exclusively to individuals and their dependents who have access to Castlight’s services through their employee benefits program.
5. Past care - Track your health care spending and claims with at-a-glance information about what you’ve spent and why.
6. If you’re not sure if Castlight is part of your employee benefits, contact your employer’s HR or Benefits leader.