How to Delete GC Plugin Completely
Learn how to delete your GC Plugin for Dropbox account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete GC Plugin Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by GC Plugin for Dropbox:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your GC Plugin account, contact GC Plugin via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify GC Plugin of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected]... Login to see email.
2. How to Delete GC Plugin on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete GC Plugin for Dropbox".
3. Delete GC Plugin on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "GC Plugin for Dropbox" and Click "Uninstall".
GC Plugin for Dropbox Product Details
A plug-in to the "Ghost Commander file manager" application which provides access to the Dropbox cloud storage and then let you to upload and download files to and from the Dropbox. The plugin does not work without Ghost Commander application itself! Install the main app at first, then download and install this plugin. To use the plugin, launch Ghost Commander, then find the Dropbox item in the home: list. A web browser should open which will be used to authenticate. Ghost Commander will never posses your Dropbox password, it just keeps the security token which will expire after a while. Please note, when you close the file manager you could see the web browser is still open. It's a known issue of the Dropbox API, please just close the browser.