How To Delete Cardboard Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Cardboard account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Cardboard app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Cardboard completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Cardboard Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Cardboard. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Cardboard via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Cardboard.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Cardboard of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Cardboard's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Cardboard on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Cardboard from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Cardboard app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Cardboard from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Cardboard icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Cardboard.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Cardboard app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Cardboard" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Cardboard from your Android phone
To delete Cardboard from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Cardboard.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Cardboard app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Cardboard app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Cardboard Software Details
Cardboard puts virtual reality on your smartphone. The Cardboard app helps you launch your favorite VR experiences, discover new apps, and set up a viewer. Try out a set of included demos as well • Earth: Fly where your fancy takes you on Google Earth. • Tour Guide: Visit Versailles with a local guide. • My Videos: Watch your videos on a massive screen. • Exhibit: Examine cultural artifacts from every angle. • Photo Sphere: Look around the photo spheres you've captured. • Arctic Journey: Fly alongside Arctic terns, create your own flower garden, relax under the northern lights an...