How to Delete HEALTHConnect (HC) Completely
Learn how to delete your HEALTHConnect (HC) account, your personal data and also delete the HEALTHConnect (HC) app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with HEALTHConnect (HC) completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete HEALTHConnect (HC) Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by HEALTHConnect (HC). They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting HEALTHConnect (HC) via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with HEALTHConnect (HC).
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify HEALTHConnect (HC) of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting HEALTHConnect (HC)'s App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of HEALTHConnect (HC) on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete HEALTHConnect (HC) from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete HEALTHConnect (HC) app from your Iphone
If you want to delete HEALTHConnect (HC) from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the HEALTHConnect (HC) icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on HEALTHConnect (HC).
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the HEALTHConnect (HC) app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete HEALTHConnect (HC)" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete HEALTHConnect (HC) from your Android phone
To delete HEALTHConnect (HC) from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on HEALTHConnect (HC).
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the HEALTHConnect (HC) app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the HEALTHConnect (HC) app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
HEALTHConnect (HC) Software Details
1. Through the HEALTHConnect mobile app, you have real-time, easy access to your latest health care information and the services needed to plan, understand and engage in your care.
2. Powered by MU Health Care, HEALTHConnect is designed to help individuals and families stay informed, stay educated and take a more active role in their health.
3. After you create your online HEALTHConnect account, simply sign into the mobile app with your username and password.
4. Personal health inquiries or concerns posted as comments in the Play Store cannot be addressed.