How to Delete NHS COVID-19 Completely
Learn how to delete your NHS COVID-19 account, your personal data and also delete the NHS COVID-19 app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with NHS COVID-19 completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete NHS COVID-19 Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by NHS COVID-19. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting NHS COVID-19 via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with NHS COVID-19.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify NHS COVID-19 of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting NHS COVID-19's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of NHS COVID-19 on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete NHS COVID-19 from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete NHS COVID-19 app from your Iphone
If you want to delete NHS COVID-19 from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the NHS COVID-19 icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on NHS COVID-19.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the NHS COVID-19 app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete NHS COVID-19" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete NHS COVID-19 from your Android phone
To delete NHS COVID-19 from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on NHS COVID-19.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the NHS COVID-19 app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the NHS COVID-19 app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
NHS COVID-19 Software Details
1. The app can be used across UK borders in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Jersey and Gibraltar, detecting all relevant contact tracing app users (regardless of them using different official apps), alerting them if they have been in contact with coronavirus.
2. Alerts: Find out when you’ve been near other app users who have since tested positive for coronavirus or if you have visited a venue where you may have come into contact with the virus.
3. The NHS COVID-19 app is the official contact tracing app for England and Wales and is one of the fastest ways of knowing if you’re at risk from COVID-19.
4. We have worked with medical experts, privacy groups, at-risk communities and we’ve shared knowledge with the teams working on similar apps in many countries.
5. Available in English, Welsh, Arabic (Modern Standard), Bengali, Chinese (Simplified), Gujarati, Polish, Punjabi (Gurmukhi script), Romanian, Somali, Turkish and Urdu.