How to Delete Santander Completely
Learn how to delete your Santander Mobile Banking account, your personal data and also delete the Santander app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Santander Mobile Banking completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Santander Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Santander Mobile Banking. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Santander Mobile Banking via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Santander.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Santander of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Santander's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Santander Mobile Banking on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Santander Mobile Banking from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Santander app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Santander Mobile Banking from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Santander Mobile Banking icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Santander Mobile Banking.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Santander Mobile Banking app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Santander Mobile Banking" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Santander from your Android phone
To delete Santander Mobile Banking from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Santander Mobile Banking.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Santander Mobile Banking app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Santander Mobile Banking app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Santander Mobile Banking Software Details
1. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website Santander and the flame logo are registered trademarks.
2. When you install Santander Mobile Banking, you may be asked to let it access information or use your device’s features.
3. If you are unable to update to this version, please log on to Santander Online Banking to access your accounts.
4. Business customer? You’ll need to download our other app, ‘Santander Mobile Business Banking’ to manage your business accounts.
5. Santander Mobile Banking will not run on devices that have been rooted.
6. Use Fingerprint or your security details to quickly and safely access your Santander accounts in one place.
7. You’ll need to make sure that we know your current UK mobile number, so that we can send you One Time Passcodes.
8. You can find a list of the app’s permissions in your phone’s Applications Manager, or by visiting Google Play and clicking ‘Installed’.
9. Android own the names of permissions and Santander will only use them to enhance your experience when using the app.
10. • Use Fingerprint or your Security Number to authorise transactions made online, and consents with third party providers.
11. Never enter your Online Banking details after clicking on a link in an email or text message.
12. Once that’s done, it takes just a few minutes to get started with Mobile Banking.
13. Your device will need to be running Android version 5.0 (Lollipop) or above in order to use this app.
14. All interest and Retailer Offer rates within our Play Store images are for visual purposes only and may not be indicative of our actual rates.