How to Delete Santander Bank US Completely
Learn how to delete your Santander Bank US account, your personal data and also delete the Santander Bank US app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Santander Bank US completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Santander Bank US Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Santander Bank US. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Santander Bank US via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Santander Bank US.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Santander Bank US of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Santander Bank US's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Santander Bank US on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Santander Bank US from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Santander Bank US app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Santander Bank US from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Santander Bank US icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Santander Bank US.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Santander Bank US app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Santander Bank US" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Santander Bank US from your Android phone
To delete Santander Bank US from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Santander Bank US.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Santander Bank US app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Santander Bank US app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Santander Bank US Software Details
1. • Manage cards, including activating debit and credit cards, creating or changing your card PIN, reporting cards lost or stolen, and ordering replacements.
2. If you have a personal account with Santander Bank, download the Mobile Banking App today and bank on the go.
3. • View deposit and credit card statements and loan/line of credit and investment* account balances.
4. • Put your misplaced debit or credit card on hold with Santander® Instant Card Hold.
5. (Santander® Instant Card Hold will block most types of transactions, including purchases made with your card.
6. Santander Securities LLC is a registered broker-dealer, Member FINRA and SIPC and a Registered Investment Adviser.
7. *Securities and advisory services are offered through Santander Investment Services, a division of Santander Securities LLC.
8. • Enjoy helpful tutorials and tips that guide you through the new/enhanced Mobile Banking features when you first log in to our Mobile Banking App.
9. • Set up, modify, or cancel Autopay credit card payments.
10. • Retrieve your User ID and change or reset your Password securely from your mobile device using password reset.
11. • Make one-time and recurring transfers between your Santander accounts.
12. Insurance is offered through Santander Securities LLC or its affiliates.