How to Delete Santander Business Banking Completely
Learn how to delete your Santander Business Banking account, your personal data and also delete the Santander Business Banking app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Santander Business Banking completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Santander Business Banking Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Santander Business Banking. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Santander Business Banking via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Santander Business Banking.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Santander Business Banking of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Santander Business Banking's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Santander Business Banking on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Santander Business Banking from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Santander Business Banking app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Santander Business Banking from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Santander Business Banking icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Santander Business Banking.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Santander Business Banking app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Santander Business Banking" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Santander Business Banking from your Android phone
To delete Santander Business Banking from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Santander Business Banking.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Santander Business Banking app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Santander Business Banking app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Santander Business Banking Software Details
1. The app is available free to Santander Bank customers in the United States with a Business Online Banking account.
2. If you share your device with other individuals, please note that any fingerprints stored on your device may be used to log in to Santander Business Mobile Banking and access your account.
3. To use the Business Banking App, you must first enroll and log in to Business Online Banking and accept the Business Online Banking Agreement.
4. Please see the Business Online Banking Agreement for details.
5. Please see the Business Online Banking Agreement for details.
6. Manage your money anywhere, any time with the new Santander Business Banking app.