How To Delete HSBC India Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your HSBC India account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the HSBC India app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with HSBC India completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete HSBC India Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by HSBC India. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting HSBC India via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with HSBC India.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify HSBC India of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete HSBC India's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of HSBC India on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete HSBC India from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting HSBC India app from an Iphone
If you want to delete HSBC Indias from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the HSBC India icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on HSBC India.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the HSBC India app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete HSBC India" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting HSBC India app from your Android device
To delete HSBC India from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on HSBC India.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the HSBC India app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the HSBC India app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
HSBC India Software Details
HSBC India Mobile Banking app has been specially built for our India customers*, with reliability at the heart of its design. What are the benefits? • Fingerprint ID – for faster log on, confirm transactions, and self-servicing your user profile (Fingerprint ID is supported for certain certified Android (TM) phones. Please refer to our website for more details.) • Accounts – up-to-date view of your local and globally-linked banking accounts. • Manage money – make local currency transfers • Message us – send us a secure message • eStatements – View and download your bank account and cre...