How to Delete Google Pay Completely
Learn how to delete your Google Pay: Save and Pay account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Google Pay Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Google Pay: Save and Pay:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Google Pay account, contact Google Pay via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Google Pay of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Google Pay on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Google Pay: Save and Pay".
3. Delete Google Pay on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Google Pay: Save and Pay" and Click "Uninstall".
Google Pay: Save and Pay Product Details
Google Pay is a simple, secure, and seamless way to pay and save, giving you helpful ways to do more with your money: - Pay at your favorite places - Send and receive money instantly - Earn rewards for everyday payments - Discover offers from your favorite places - Understand your spending 📱MAKE PAYMENTS FAST & EASY Send & receive money + Transfer money easily to friends & family safely + Create a group to send and receive money for things like trips, dinner, bills, rent, and more. Google Pay will even help you do the math on who owes what. + Money transfers are instant and free with Google Pay balance. There are no fees if you use your linked bank account to withdraw funds. Your shared payments stay with the group + When you send a payment with Google Pay, it’ll stay between you and your friends. Only the people involved in the transaction will see it. Pay contactless + Pay with your phone anywhere contactless payments are accepted. Just unlock it, hold it to the reader, and go. Connect with your favorite businesses and discover new ones + See businesses where you’ve used Google Pay when you open the app. Get quick access to your transactions and activate offers. Shop online + Use Google Pay to check out quickly and securely when you shop on websites and apps. 💵 SAVE YOUR MONEY A more rewarding way to shop + Get cashback for things like paying friends. Any money you receive will go straight to your Google Pay balance so you can use it instantly. Take your rewards even further + Activate offers and get cashback for redeeming them – whether you use Google Pay or your plastic card. Better yet: get twice the rewards when you redeem with a cashback credit card. 📈 SEE HOW YOU’RE SPENDING Stay on top of your spending + See the total balance and weekly summaries from all of your eligible accounts in one place, so you’ll always know exactly what’s coming in and what’s going out. + View recent purchases and upcoming payments to see how you’re spending. Access all your transactions with a simple search + With your permission, you can see activity from accounts you've linked. Import receipts from Gmail and Google Photos and then simply search for any of them. 🛡️ SAFER WITH GOOGLE Authentication for every payment + You'll need to use your fingerprint, pattern, PIN, or face to verify your identity each time you open the app or make a payment — only you can pay or send money. Keeping your private information safe + Try out a more personalized experience to see the most relevant offers from stores and get recommendations for ways to save. Turn it on or off at any time. + Manage and control personalization and other privacy settings like location preferences and contact syncing from settings. Your cards encrypted + When you pay cashless with your Android phone, Google Pay shares a unique Virtual Account Number instead of your actual card number with the business, so your payment info stays safe. Still have questions? Head over to https://support.google.com/googlepay *Payments processed by Google Payment Corp., a licensed money transmitter (NMLS ID: 911607). Licensed as a money transmitter by the NY State Dept. of Financial Services and to Transmit Money By Check, Draft or Money Order By The Department of Banking and Securities, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. To learn more about Google Payments, visit the Google Payments Help Center.