How to Delete USAA Completely
Learn how to delete your USAA Mobile account, your personal data and also delete the USAA app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with USAA Mobile completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete USAA Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by USAA Mobile. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting USAA Mobile via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with USAA.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify USAA of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting USAA's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of USAA Mobile on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete USAA Mobile from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete USAA app from your Iphone
If you want to delete USAA Mobile from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the USAA Mobile icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on USAA Mobile.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the USAA Mobile app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete USAA Mobile" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete USAA from your Android phone
To delete USAA Mobile from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on USAA Mobile.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the USAA Mobile app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the USAA Mobile app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
USAA Mobile Software Details
1. - Widget: View your accounts and balances on your device widget without the need to log in each time, thanks to the help of our secure authentication infrastructure.
2. USAA is an organization founded by military members for military members and we understand the unique needs of U.S. Military servicemen and women and their families.
3. The USAA Mobile app gives you convenient and secure account access from your mobile device.
4. - Banking: Pay Bills, Send Money with Zelle®, deposit checks, calculate your loans, and locate an ATM.
5. With just a few clicks, you can transfer funds, pay bills, deposit checks, and place trades.
6. - Digital Assistant: Access EVA, our digital voice assistant, at any point within the app to answer your questions.
7. - Insurance: Get an Auto ID card, request roadside assistance, and report a claim.