How To Delete AT&T Real-Time Text Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your AT&T Real-Time Text account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the AT&T Real-Time Text app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with AT&T Real-Time Text completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like AT&T Real-Time Text
Delete AT&T Real-Time Text Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by AT&T Real-Time Text. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting AT&T Real-Time Text via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with AT T Real Time Text.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify AT T Real Time Text of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete AT&T Real-Time Text's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of AT&T Real-Time Text on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete AT&T Real-Time Text from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting AT&T Real-Time Text app from an Iphone
If you want to delete AT&T Real-Time Text from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the AT&T Real-Time Text icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on AT&T Real-Time Text.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the AT&T Real-Time Text app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete AT&T Real-Time Text" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete AT&T Real-Time Text from your Android phone
To delete AT&T Real-Time Text from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on AT&T Real-Time Text.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the AT&T Real-Time Text app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the AT&T Real-Time Text app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
AT&T Real-Time Text Software Details
Continue the conversation, wherever you are. AT&T Real-Time Text (RTT) helps AT&T customers with disabilities communicate over the wireless network as an alternative to TTY (TeleTYpewriter). RTT uses a free-flowing mix of text and voice conversation, so as quickly as characters are typed on the sending device, they are displayed on the receiving device. RTT is a separate service from traditional text messaging (SMS). –Great for everyday communication –Supports 711 and 911 calls –Eliminates the need to connect to mobile TTY devices –Works on the AT&T cellular network and over Wi-Fi Call...