How To Delete Hangouts Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Hangouts account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Hangouts app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Hangouts completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Hangouts Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Hangouts. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Hangouts via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Hangouts.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Hangouts of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Hangouts's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Hangouts on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Hangouts from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Hangouts app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Hangoutss from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Hangouts icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Hangouts.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Hangouts app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Hangouts" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Hangouts app from your Android device
To delete Hangouts from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Hangouts.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Hangouts app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Hangouts app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Hangouts Software Details
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message contacts, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. • Include all your contacts with group chats for up to 150 people. • Say more with status messages, photos, videos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs. • Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 contacts. • Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!). • Connect your Google Voice account for phone calling, SMS texting, and voicemail integration. • Keep in touch with contacts a...