How to Delete AT&T Visual Voicemail Completely
Learn how to delete your AT&T Visual Voicemail account, your personal data and also delete the AT&T Visual Voicemail app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with AT&T Visual Voicemail completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete AT&T Visual Voicemail Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by AT&T Visual Voicemail. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting AT&T Visual Voicemail via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with AT&T Visual Voicemail.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify AT&T Visual Voicemail of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting AT&T Visual Voicemail's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of AT&T Visual Voicemail on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete AT&T Visual Voicemail from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete AT&T Visual Voicemail app from your Iphone
If you want to delete AT&T Visual Voicemail from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the AT&T Visual Voicemail icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on AT&T Visual Voicemail.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the AT&T Visual Voicemail app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete AT&T Visual Voicemail" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete AT&T Visual Voicemail from your Android phone
To delete AT&T Visual Voicemail from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on AT&T Visual Voicemail.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the AT&T Visual Voicemail app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the AT&T Visual Voicemail app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
AT&T Visual Voicemail Software Details
1. Data and messaging used in replying to and forwarding voicemail messages via SMS, MMS, or e-mail are counted against your data and/or messaging plan, and applicable charges apply if data and/or messaging plan limits are exceeded.
2. • AT&T Mobile Share or Unlimited Data Plan that includes Visual Voicemail If you encounter setup problems, view your account at att.com or on the myAT&T app to confirm you have the right plan.
3. International data and messaging charges apply to receiving, replying to, and forwarding voicemail messages while roaming internationally.
4. Note: Receiving voicemail on this app does not count against your data rate plan allotment while on the AT&T network.
5. A cellular data connection is required; AT&T Visual Voicemail does not work on a Wi-Fi only connection.
6. AT&T Visual Voicemail allows you to review and manage your voicemail directly from your smartphone eliminating the need to dial into your mailbox.