How To Delete HMRC Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your HMRC account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the HMRC app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with HMRC completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete HMRC Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by HMRC. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting HMRC via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with HMRC.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify HMRC of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete HMRC's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of HMRC on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete HMRC from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting HMRC app from an Iphone
If you want to delete HMRCs from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the HMRC icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on HMRC.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the HMRC app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete HMRC" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting HMRC app from your Android device
To delete HMRC from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on HMRC.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the HMRC app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the HMRC app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
HMRC Software Details
The only app that gives you access to HMRC’s information on your personal tax affairs. Feel in control of your financial life by joining the 400,000 people who use the HMRC app every month. Download the HMRC app from the UK Government today. Use the HMRC app to: - check your next salary payment from your employer - check your next tax credit payments - find your tax code - find out how much Income Tax you should pay - manage and renew your tax credits - access your Help to Save account - work out your take-home pay with the tax calculator - claim a refund if you’ve paid too much...