How To Delete PosteID Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your PosteID account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the PosteID app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with PosteID completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete PosteID Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by PosteID. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting PosteID via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with PosteID.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify PosteID of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete PosteID's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of PosteID on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete PosteID from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting PosteID app from an Iphone
If you want to delete PosteID from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the PosteID icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on PosteID.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the PosteID app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete PosteID" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete PosteID from your Android phone
To delete PosteID from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on PosteID.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the PosteID app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the PosteID app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
PosteID Software Details
1. In alternativa alla registrazione con documento elettronico, puoi utilizzare l’App PosteID per effettuare la tua identificazione online e poi completare la richiesta effettuando un bonifico da un conto italiano a te intestato o cointestato.
2. Se sei in possesso di un documento elettronico - Carta d’Identità (CIE) o Passaporto - puoi utilizzare l’App PosteID per effettuare la tua identificazione online, senza recarti in ufficio postale.
3. PosteID is the official Poste Italiane app for the new digital ID that lets you access online the services of the Public Administration and authorised Private Bodies with the Digital Identity Public System (SPID).
4. PosteID è l’App ufficiale di Poste Italiane per la nuova identità digitale che consente di accedere ai servizi della Pubblica Amministrazione e dei privati convenzionati con il Sistema Pubblico d’Identità Digitale (SPID).
5. As an alternative to registration with an electronic document, you can use the PosteID App for online identification and then you can complete the request with a bank transfer from a your italian account (also joint name account).
6. Ti basta inquadrare il QR Code riportato sulla pagina di login del servizio ed inserire sull’App il codice PosteID.
7. If you already have an electronic document - Identity Card (CIE) or Passport - you can use the PosteID App for online identification, without going to the post office.
8. Puoi autorizzare velocemente gli accessi con l’impronta digitale in alternativa al codice PosteID.
9. You can authorise access quickly via fingerprint as an alternative to the PosteID code.
10. Just scan the QR Code on the service login page and enter the PosteID code in the app.
11. Una volta che avrai generato il PIN, questo andrà inserito sulla pagina di login del servizio, dopo aver inserito il tuo nome utente e la password.