How to Delete Speech Assistant AAC Completely
Learn how to delete your Speech Assistant AAC account, your personal data and also delete the Speech Assistant AAC app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Speech Assistant AAC completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Speech Assistant AAC Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Speech Assistant AAC. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Speech Assistant AAC via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Speech Assistant AAC.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Speech Assistant AAC of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Speech Assistant AAC's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Speech Assistant AAC on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Speech Assistant AAC from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Speech Assistant AAC app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Speech Assistant AAC from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Speech Assistant AAC icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Speech Assistant AAC.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Speech Assistant AAC app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Speech Assistant AAC" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Speech Assistant AAC from your Android phone
To delete Speech Assistant AAC from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Speech Assistant AAC.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Speech Assistant AAC app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Speech Assistant AAC app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Speech Assistant AAC Software Details
1. In the settings of the app you can upgrade to the full version with additional features like more categories and phrases, customizable action buttons, pronunciation corrections and much more.
2. With the app you can create categories and phrases, which are placed on buttons.
3. Speech Assistant AAC is a text-to-speech app designed for people who are speech impaired, for example due to Aphasia, MND/ALS, Autism, Stroke, Cerebral Palsy or other speech problems.
4. • You can create categories to organize your phrases for quick access.
5. • Connect a bluetooth keyboard and create shortcuts for the functions Speak, Clear and Show.
6. • Option for preventing double tapping by disabling the button (for a short time) after touching.
7. With these buttons you can create messages that can be shown or spoken (text-to-speech).
8. • Undo option in case of unintentionally tapping the clear button.
9. • Option to Backup and Restore your categories and phrases.