How To Delete Regions Bank Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Regions Bank account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Regions Bank app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Regions Bank completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Regions Bank Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Regions Bank. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Regions Bank via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Regions Bank.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Regions Bank of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Regions Bank's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Regions Bank on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Regions Bank from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Regions Bank app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Regions Banks from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Regions Bank icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Regions Bank.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Regions Bank app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Regions Bank" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Regions Bank app from your Android device
To delete Regions Bank from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Regions Bank.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Regions Bank app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Regions Bank app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Regions Bank Software Details
Our Regions banking app has a new look, with the award-winning service and features you expect. Bank where you want, when you want. It’s simple and easy to: - Securely log in with fingerprint - View account and routing numbers - Search transactions by date, check number or amount - Transfer funds between Regions accounts - Make mobile deposits - Send money to your family or friends with Zelle® - Pay bills with Regions Bill Pay - Access Services such as Regions LockIt, Open an Account and Activate a Card - Set up alerts in Notification Center - View and activate Rewards - Schedule...