How to Delete Merrick Bank Completely
Learn how to delete your Merrick Bank Mobile account, your personal data and also delete the Merrick Bank app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Merrick Bank Mobile completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Merrick Bank Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Merrick Bank Mobile. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Merrick Bank Mobile via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Merrick Bank.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Merrick Bank of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Merrick Bank's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Merrick Bank Mobile on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Merrick Bank Mobile from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Merrick Bank app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Merrick Bank Mobile from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Merrick Bank Mobile icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Merrick Bank Mobile.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Merrick Bank Mobile app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Merrick Bank Mobile" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Merrick Bank from your Android phone
To delete Merrick Bank Mobile from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Merrick Bank Mobile.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Merrick Bank Mobile app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Merrick Bank Mobile app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Merrick Bank Mobile Software Details
1. We protect your information through various security controls, including device recognition technology and encrypted mobile banking data, to name a few.
2. Note: There is no charge from Merrick Bank for the goMobile App, but message and data rates may apply.
3. The Merrick Bank goMobile app is optimized for your Android™ and is available 24/7 to all Merrick Bank customers.
4. The updated - and totally free - Merrick Bank goMobile app gives you the power to do even more, right from your smartphone.
5. Our App allows you to access your account using your existing online Cardholder Center username and password.
6. To start using the mobile app, simply use your current online Cardholder Center login information.
7. You can check your account balance, schedule and view your payments, view your account transaction details, set up notifications — and lots more.
8. Plus, with our latest update, you can now check and monitor your FICO® Score with goScore® so you can stay on top of your credit and avoid surprises.
9. Please check with your mobile carrier regarding any web browser/data usage rates on your device.