How To Delete Aqara Home Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Aqara Home account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Aqara Home app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Aqara Home completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Aqara Home Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Aqara Home. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Aqara Home via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Aqara Home.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Aqara Home of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Aqara Home's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Aqara Home on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Aqara Home from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Aqara Home app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Aqara Homes from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Aqara Home icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Aqara Home.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Aqara Home app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Aqara Home" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Aqara Home app from your Android device
To delete Aqara Home from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Aqara Home.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Aqara Home app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Aqara Home app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Aqara Home Software Details
Aqara Home is an app for smart home automation and control. With Aqara Home, you can: 1. control Aqara accessories anywhere and anytime where there is Internet access; 2. create homes and rooms and assign accessories to the rooms; 3. control your Aqara accessories and check the status of connected appliances. For example: • adjust the brightness of lights and check the power consumption of home appliances; • monitor the temperature, humidity and air pressure; • detect water leak, and human movement. 4. create Automations to automate your home. For example: • set a timer to turn on or o...