How To Delete WhatsApp Business Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your WhatsApp Business account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the WhatsApp Business app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with WhatsApp Business completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like WhatsApp Business
Delete WhatsApp Business Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by WhatsApp Business. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting WhatsApp Business via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with WhatsApp Business.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify WhatsApp Business of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete WhatsApp Business's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of WhatsApp Business on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete WhatsApp Business from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting WhatsApp Business app from an Iphone
If you want to delete WhatsApp Businesss from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the WhatsApp Business icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on WhatsApp Business.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the WhatsApp Business app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete WhatsApp Business" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting WhatsApp Business app from your Android device
To delete WhatsApp Business from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on WhatsApp Business.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the WhatsApp Business app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the WhatsApp Business app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
WhatsApp Business Software Details
WhatsApp Business from Facebook WhatsApp Business enables you to have a business presence on WhatsApp, communicate more efficiently with your customers, and help you grow your business. If you have separate business and personal phone numbers, you can have both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp Messenger installed on the same phone, and register them with different numbers. In addition to the features available in WhatsApp Messenger, WhatsApp Business includes: • BUSINESS PROFILE: Create a profile for your business to help your customers find valuable information — like your website,...