How to Delete CommBank Completely
Learn how to delete your CommBank account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete CommBank Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by CommBank:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your CommBank account, contact CommBank via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify CommBank of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete CommBank on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete CommBank".
3. Delete CommBank on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "CommBank" and Click "Uninstall".
CommBank Product Details
Join over 6 million Australians using the CommBank app. Bank with confidence anywhere, anytime. Make payments • Make fast, easy, secure payments with Tap & Pay* • Receive, make and split payments using PayID or account number • Paying with cash? Withdraw up to $500 from a CommBank ATM using Cardless Cash Manage bills & payments • Pay a bill or set up recurring payments with BPAY® • Get bill reminders and notifications to help pay on time • Pay your credit card, change your credit limit, lock payments, or set a spending cap Track your spending & saving • Saving for something? Set a goal with Goal Tracker • See your income, spending and savings habits over time • Stay in control of your spending with Spend Tracker and Transaction Notifications Everyday banking • See your account balance and transfer money between accounts • Find your nearest ATM or branch • Activate, lock, cancel or replace your card Getting started If you don’t bank with us, you can open an account in the app. To use the app you’ll need Android OS 6.0 or above and have your phone’s language set to English & region to Australia. If you have Android OS below 6.0, to use the app we’ll need access to a few permission for things like: • Contacts, so you can pay to a mobile number • Location, to help us find your nearest ATM • Camera, so you can scan your loyalty cards • Phone status and identity, to generate a phone ID 100% Security Guarantee The CommBank app is covered by our 100% Security Guarantee, which means we’ll cover any loss should someone make an unauthorised transaction on your account using the app, provided you protect your phone and PIN and immediately notify us of their loss, theft or misuse, and of any suspicious activity on your accounts. * with a compatible NFC enabled device (Android 4.4 or above) ® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd. ABN 69 079 137 518 As this information has been prepared without considering your financial situation, objectives or needs, you should, before acting on the information, consider its appropriateness to your circumstances. Terms and conditions for the app and our products should be considered before making any decision. Fees and charges may apply. Goal Tracker requires a GoalSaver or NetBank Saver account in your name only. Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 Australian credit licence 234945.