How To Delete Whisper Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Whisper account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Whisper app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Whisper completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Whisper Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Whisper. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Whisper via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Whis .
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Whis of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Whisper's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Whisper on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Whisper from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Whisper app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Whispers from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Whisper icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Whisper.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Whisper app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Whisper" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Whisper app from your Android device
To delete Whisper from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Whisper.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Whisper app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Whisper app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Whisper Software Details
Ever wondered what the people around you are really thinking? Whisper is an online community where millions of people around the world share real thoughts, trade advice, and get the inside scoop. “The experience of spending time on Whisper is unlike any other major social network: It's more raw, more moving...and yes, often more addictive.” - Mashable Chat directly with other Whisper users - it’s a great way to meet new people. Join the 30 million+ people who use Whisper every month; it will change the way you see the world. Do you have any questions? Comments? Issues? We would...