How To Delete Facebook Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Facebook account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Facebook app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Facebook completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Facebook Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Facebook. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Facebook via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Facebook.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Facebook of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Facebook's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Facebook on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Facebook from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Facebook app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Facebooks from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Facebook icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Facebook.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Facebook app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Facebook" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Facebook app from your Android device
To delete Facebook from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Facebook.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Facebook app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Facebook app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Facebook Software Details
Keeping up with friends is faster and easier than ever. Share updates and photos, engage with friends and Pages, and stay connected to communities important to you. Features on the Facebook app include: * Connect with friends and family and meet new people on your social media network * Set status updates & use Facebook emoji to help relay what’s going on in your world * Share photos, videos, and your favorite memories. * Get notifications when friends like and comment on your posts * Find local social events, and make plans to meet up with friends * Play games with any of your Fac...