How To Delete Snapchat Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Snapchat account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Snapchat app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Snapchat completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Snapchat Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Snapchat. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Snapchat via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Snapchat.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Snapchat of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Snapchat's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Snapchat on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Snapchat from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Snapchat app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Snapchats from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Snapchat icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Snapchat.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Snapchat app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Snapchat" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Snapchat app from your Android device
To delete Snapchat from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Snapchat.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Snapchat app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Snapchat app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Snapchat Software Details
Snapchat is a fast and fun way to share the moment with friends and family 👻 Snapchat opens right to the camera, so you can send a Snap in seconds! Just take a photo or video, add a caption, and send it to your best friends and family. Express yourself with Filters, Lenses, Bitmojis, and all kinds of fun effects. SNAP 📸 • Snapchat opens right to the camera. Tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video. • Add a Lens or Filter to your photo — new ones are added every day! Change the way you look, dance with your 3D Bitmoji, and discover games you can play with your face. • Create yo...