How to Delete QIWI Wallet Completely
Learn how to delete your QIWI Wallet account, your personal data and also delete the QIWI Wallet app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with QIWI Wallet completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete QIWI Wallet Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by QIWI Wallet. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting QIWI Wallet via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with QIWI Wallet.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify QIWI Wallet of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting QIWI Wallet's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of QIWI Wallet on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete QIWI Wallet from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete QIWI Wallet app from your Iphone
If you want to delete QIWI Wallet from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the QIWI Wallet icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on QIWI Wallet.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the QIWI Wallet app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete QIWI Wallet" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete QIWI Wallet from your Android phone
To delete QIWI Wallet from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on QIWI Wallet.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the QIWI Wallet app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the QIWI Wallet app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
QIWI Wallet Software Details
1. • Top up the wallet balance with no fee: with bank card, via online banking, in ATMs, by cash in QIWI Terminals and more.
2. • QIWI Visa Plastic card for offline payments in shops and cafés from the wallet balance.
3. QIWI Wallet is a simple way to transfer money, receive payments and pay for 75 000 services around the world.
4. Regular invoices: Mosenergosbyt, communal services, Gazprom, Tricolor & commercial TV, Rostelecom & landline phone and other city services.
5. • NFC technology: pay in shops and cafés from the wallet balance using your smartphone.
6. Entertainment: Steam, World of Tanks, Warfare & other games, digital content, online shopping, cinema, booking and more.
7. Fast money transfers: between wallets, to bank accounts and cards, to Yandex.Money & Webmoney, via money transfer service CONTACT.
8. • Pay for everyday services with minimal fee using your phone balance.
9. You may also top up the wallet with less fee using your phone balance.
10. Loans: Sberbank, Alfa Bank, Home Credit, VTB and other Russian banks service with no queues.