How to Delete Alliant Completely
Learn how to delete your Alliant Mobile Banking account, your personal data and also delete the Alliant app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Alliant Mobile Banking completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Alliant Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Alliant Mobile Banking. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Alliant Mobile Banking via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Alliant.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Alliant of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Alliant's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Alliant Mobile Banking on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Alliant Mobile Banking from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Alliant app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Alliant Mobile Banking from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Alliant Mobile Banking icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Alliant Mobile Banking.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Alliant Mobile Banking app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Alliant Mobile Banking" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Alliant from your Android phone
To delete Alliant Mobile Banking from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Alliant Mobile Banking.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Alliant Mobile Banking app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Alliant Mobile Banking app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Alliant Mobile Banking Software Details
1. Use your existing Alliant Online Banking login to get started or, if you’re a first time user, create your login credentials right from the mobile banking app.
2. Surcharge-free ATMs include: Alliant-owned ATMs and ATMs that are part of the Alliance One, Allpoint, CO-OP Network, Credit Union 24, CU Here and Publix Presto networks.
3. The Alliant Mobile Banking App makes it easy for you to manage your finances on the go, with only the tap of a finger.
4. • Savings accounts: You can make up to six total transfers to another account or a third party in a calendar month per federal regulations.
5. All transactional data is encrypted and no sensitive account information is stored on your mobile device.
6. Alliant’s Mobile Check Deposit Service is subject to eligibility.
7. There is no charge from Alliant to use the mobile app, but message and data rates may apply.
8. All deposits are subject to the Alliant Credit Union’s Funds Availability Policy.
9. • Location permissions are needed to determine your location in order to find ATMs.
10. Transactions performed at other ATMs may be subject to the ATM owner’s surcharge fee.
11. We may refuse or reverse a transfer that exceeds these limits; we may also assess fees, suspend or close your account.
12. • Checking accounts: There are no limits on the number of transfers you can make in a calendar month.