How To Delete Xfinity Connect Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Xfinity Connect account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Xfinity Connect app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Xfinity Connect completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Xfinity Connect Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Xfinity Connect. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Xfinity Connect via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Xfinity Connect.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Xfinity Connect of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Xfinity Connect's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Xfinity Connect on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Xfinity Connect from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Xfinity Connect app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Xfinity Connects from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Xfinity Connect icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Xfinity Connect.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Xfinity Connect app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Xfinity Connect" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Xfinity Connect app from your Android device
To delete Xfinity Connect from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Xfinity Connect.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Xfinity Connect app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Xfinity Connect app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Xfinity Connect Software Details
Stay connected on the go with Xfinity Connect! The Xfinity Connect app extends your Xfinity services onto your mobile devices. Key Features: • Access your Comcast.net email. • Never miss a phone call. Answer calls made to your Xfinity Voice home phone. • With Voice2Go you can make outbound calls from your Xfinity Voice phone numbers. • Access your home phone voicemails, voicemail transcripts, call logs, and call forwarding settings. • Manage your Xfinity contacts. • View Caller ID (only available on specific de...