How To Delete Verizon Cloud Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Verizon Cloud account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Verizon Cloud app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Verizon Cloud completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Verizon Cloud Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Verizon Cloud. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Verizon Cloud via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Verizon Cloud.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Verizon Cloud of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Verizon Cloud's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Verizon Cloud on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Verizon Cloud from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Verizon Cloud app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Verizon Cloud from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Verizon Cloud icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Verizon Cloud.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Verizon Cloud app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Verizon Cloud" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Verizon Cloud from your Android phone
To delete Verizon Cloud from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Verizon Cloud.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Verizon Cloud app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Verizon Cloud app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Verizon Cloud Software Details
1. New Verizon subscribers: Download and install the Verizon Cloud app on your Android Smartphone for a 30-day premium trial of 500GB or 2TB of storage.
2. You can opt out of the trial through the Verizon Cloud app at any time during the 30-day period and enjoy free 'Contacts Only' support.
3. Securely back up, sync, access and share your important content across operating systems & devices – anytime, anywhere, with Verizon Cloud.
4. The Verizon Cloud app can be downloaded and used on any smartphone or tablet running Android software.