How to Delete Google Drive Completely
Learn how to delete your Google Drive account, your personal data and also delete the Google Drive app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Google Drive completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Google Drive Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Google Drive. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Google Drive via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Google Drive.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Google Drive of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Google Drive's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Google Drive on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Google Drive from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Google Drive app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Google Drive from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Google Drive icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Google Drive.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Google Drive app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Google Drive" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Google Drive from your Android phone
To delete Google Drive from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Google Drive.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Google Drive app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Google Drive app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Google Drive Software Details
1. Google accounts get 15GB of storage free, shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos.
2. Google Drive is a safe place to back up and access all your files from any device.
3. Easily invite others to view, edit, or leave comments on any of your files or folders.
4. For additional storage, you can upgrade to a premium subscription plan as an in-app purchase.
Reported Deleting Issues
Ok thank you, I hope you make this one a success & possibility
— by Efenoghor on Sep 01 2021
Please have this account deleted
— by Kim on Sep 01 2021
Delete my google drive
— by Efenoghor on Aug 19 2021
Yes get it done
— by Efenoghor on Aug 19 2021