How To Delete Vanguard Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Vanguard account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Vanguard app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Vanguard completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Vanguard Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Vanguard. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Vanguard via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Vanguard.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Vanguard of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Vanguard's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Vanguard on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Vanguard from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Vanguard app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Vanguards from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Vanguard icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Vanguard.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Vanguard app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Vanguard" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Vanguard app from your Android device
To delete Vanguard from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Vanguard.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Vanguard app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Vanguard app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Vanguard Software Details
Use the app to do the following (some features may not be available for employer-sponsored plans): • Manage account activity (check your balances, monitor performance, view account statements and messages, review employer-sponsored plan). • Buy & sell (trade mutual funds, ETFs, and stocks; use your camera to invest by check into an eligible account; transact on your employer plan). • Stay informed (use the portfolio analysis tool, track market index trends, research investments, view and share the latest news). Financial advisors: Visit the Vanguard Advisors site at https://adv...