How to Delete Vanguard Completely
Learn how to delete your Vanguard account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Vanguard Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Vanguard:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Vanguard account, contact Vanguard via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Vanguard of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Vanguard on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Vanguard".
3. Delete Vanguard on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Vanguard" and Click "Uninstall".
Vanguard Product Details
Meet the new Vanguard app. We’ve updated and refined our features to make it easier than ever to invest from your mobile device. Along with our sleek new look, you can also log in to your accounts with Fingerprint ID. We’ll be rolling out new updates every few weeks, but if there’s something you want us to build, you can let us know in our Support tab. Use the app to do the following (some features may not be available for employer-sponsored plans): • Access an overview of your accounts to check your total assets and balances. • Dive deeper to track your account performance, cost basis details, or day change information for each of your holdings. • Make trades, deposit checks directly into your accounts, and review your transaction history. • Find help, update your login preferences, and leave feedback via our Support tab. Disclosures Vanguard funds not held in a brokerage account are held by The Vanguard Group, Inc., and are not protected by SIPC. Brokerage assets are held by Vanguard Brokerage Services, a division of Vanguard Marketing Corporation, member FINRA and SIPC. Images are for illustrative purposes only. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. © 2021 The Vanguard Group, Inc. All rights reserved. Vanguard Marketing Corporation, Distributor of the Vanguard Funds.