How To Delete Twinkly Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Twinkly account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Twinkly app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Twinkly completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Twinkly Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Twinkly. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Twinkly via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Twinkly.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Twinkly of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Twinkly's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Twinkly on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Twinkly from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Twinkly app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Twinklys from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Twinkly icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Twinkly.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Twinkly app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Twinkly" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Twinkly app from your Android device
To delete Twinkly from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Twinkly.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Twinkly app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Twinkly app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Twinkly Software Details
Companion app for Twinkly, the smart lights to make your Christmas unforgettable! It features a neat design that gives you the ability to personalize your lighting effects for a great experience. Designed for intuitive use, just connect over Wi-Fi and you will be playing with your lights in a matter of seconds. This is the NEW 2019 VERSION, deeply improved in performance and designed to support the entire new Twinkly product range.