How to Delete Wise Completely
Learn how to delete your Wise account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Wise Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Wise:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Wise account, contact Wise via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Wise of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Wise on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Wise".
3. Delete Wise on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Wise" and Click "Uninstall".
Wise Product Details
Money for here, there, and everywhere 170+ countries. 50 currencies. One card. This is the account built to save you money round the world. Use money. Make money. Get Wise. Convert, send, receive and spend just like that. And we’re up to 6x cheaper on average than leading UK banks. Join 15+ million people and businesses worldwide. — Worldwide money transfers, universal savings — • Send money to 70+ countries, fast • Get the real exchange rate, like on Google, for every money transfer, for a tiny fee • Over 50% of transfers are instant • Secure your transfers with two-factor authentication — The debit card that’s always got the right currency — • Spend or withdraw money in more than 200 countries • If you don’t have the local currency, we’ll auto-convert what you have with the lowest possible price • Freeze and unfreeze your card, and update your virtual card whenever you like — Get paid like a local — • Get your own UK account number and sort code, European IBAN, US routing and account numbers, and more. As if you had local bank accounts around the world. • Use these account details to get paid in multiple currencies for free, and for direct debits • Keep up-to-date with instant push notifications for every transaction — Hold 50 currencies and convert between them instantly — • No monthly fee and no maintenance fee to keep money in your account, in most cases • Convert between currencies instantly, at the real exchange rate, for a super-low fee — Put your money to work with Assets — • Try Interest or Stocks in a few taps. Only available in the UK and Singapore, for now • Capital at risk. Wise Assets is a trading name of TINV Ltd, a business subsidiary created to carry out investment activities and regulated by the FCA — A better business account for going global — • Pay invoices and bills faster, at a better exchange rate • Use account details to get paid by clients and customers around the world • Connect to supported platforms like Amazon, Stripe, Xero, and more Wise is regulated by the FCA in the UK, and by other authorities around the world. Send from: GBP (British pound), EUR (Euro), USD (US dollar), AUD (Australian dollar), BGN (Bulgarian lev), BRL (Brazilian real), CAD (Canadian dollar), CHF (Swiss franc), CZK (Czech koruna), DKK (Danish krone), HKD (Hong Kong dollar), HUF (Hungarian forint), JPY (Japanese yen), MYR (Malaysian ringgit), NOK (Norwegian krone), NZD (New Zealand dollar), PLN (Polish zloty), RON (New Romanian leu), SEK (Swedish krona), SGD (Singapore dollar) Send to: EUR (Euro), USD (US dollar), GBP (British pound), AED (UAE dirham), ARS (Argentine peso), AUD (Australian dollar), BDT (Bangladeshi taka), BGN (Bulgarian lev), BRL (Brazilian real), CAD (Canadian dollar), CHF (Swiss franc), CLP (Chilean peso), CNY (Chinese yuan), CRC (Costa Rican colón), CZK (Czech koruna), DKK (Danish krone), EGP (Egyptian pound), GHS (Ghanaian cedi), GEL (Georgian lari), HKD (Hong Kong dollar), HUF (Hungarian forint), IDR (Indonesian rupiah), ILS (Israeli shekel), INR (Indian rupee), JPY (Japanese yen), KES (Kenyan shilling), KRW (South Korean won), LKR (Sri Lankan rupee), MAD (Moroccan dirham), MXN (Mexican peso), MYR (Malaysian ringgit), NPR (Nepalese rupee), NOK (Norwegian krone), NZD (New Zealand dollar), PEN (Peruvian sol), PHP (Philippine peso), PKR (Pakistan rupee), PLN (Polish zloty), RON (Romanian leu), SEK (Swedish krona), SGD (Singapore dollar), THB (Thai baht), TRY (Turkish lira), UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia), VND (Vietnamese dong), ZAR (South African rand), ZMW (Zambian kwacha)