How to Delete Self Completely
Learn how to delete your Self - Build Credit & Savings account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Self Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Self - Build Credit & Savings:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Self account, contact Self via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Self of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Self on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Self - Build Credit & Savings".
3. Delete Self on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Self - Build Credit & Savings" and Click "Uninstall".
Self - Build Credit & Savings Product Details
You checked your credit report, but feel like your credit score is stuck in a rut. Good news! Your credit score isn’t set in stone The Self credit app is a way to build credit history while building savings¹. Build credit with Self even with a low credit score (or none)! Start with the Self Credit Builder Account. - No credit history needed - Includes credit score monitoring (VantageScore 3.0)² - Reports to 3 credit bureaus - Plans start at $25/month³ - Pay off over 12 or 24 months - No hard pull - 256-bit encryption to protect your data - Your principal is safe in a bank account⁴ - On-time payments are good for your credit report - Get back the savings¹ Continue with the secured Self Visa® Credit Card⁵ designed for building credit. - Reports to 3 credit bureaus - Your Credit Builder Account savings progress secures your Self credit card & sets your limit - Adds 2nd type of credit to your credit report - Includes credit usage monitoring & alerts - Use everywhere Visa is accepted in the US ACCESS THE SELF VISA CREDIT CARD Card eligibility requirements include having an open Credit Builder Account in good standing, making 3 payments on time, having $100 or more in savings progress, and not previously having a Self Visa® Credit Card. Requirements are subject to change. BE A BUILDER Whether your goal is to get a credit card, a loan to buy a car or house, a good FICO® score can help. According to FICO, building payment history has the biggest impact on your credit score⁶. TAKE YOUR CREDIT SCORE TO A NEW LEVEL Self customers who make on-time payments lift their credit scores by 30 points, on average⁷. Self customers who start with a credit score under 600 and make on-time payments lift their credit scores by 49 points, on average⁸. WHY PEOPLE LOVE SELF Over 3 million Credit Builder Accounts originated! ¹ Minus fees & interest. Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed. Improvement in your credit score is dependent on your specific situation & financial behavior. Failure to make monthly minimum payments by the due date each month may result in delinquent reporting to credit bureaus which may negatively impact your credit score. This product will not remove negative credit history from your credit report. ² Credit scores will only be available to customers our 3rd party vendor is able to validate. ³ Sample products are $25 monthly loan payment at a $520 loan amount with a $9 administration fee, 24 month term and 15.92% Annual Percentage Rate; Check the pricing page in the Self mobile app or www.self.inc for current pricing. ⁴ All Credit Builder Accounts are issued by Lead Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender, Sunrise Banks, N.A. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender or SouthState Bank, N.A. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. Subject to ID Verification. Individual borrowers must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and at least 18 years old. Valid bank account and Social Security Number are required. All loans are subject to ID verification and approval. ⁵ The Self Visa® Credit Card is issued by Lead Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender or SouthState Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. ⁶ See https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/whats-in-your-credit-score. FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries. ⁷ Average outcome for customers who opened a 12 month Credit Builder account in Q1 2021, made on-time payments, based on VantageScore 3.0. 8 Average outcome for customers who opened a 12 month Credit Builder account in Q1 2021, starting VantageScore 3.0 under 600, who made on-time payments. Other factors, including activity with other creditors, may impact results. On-time payments does not mean full program completion and past performance based on study does not guarantee future results. Credit score increase not guaranteed.