How To Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank
Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Standard Bank Stanbic Bank.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Standard Bank Stanbic Bank of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Banks from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank app from your Android device
To delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank Software Details
The Standard Bank app gives you full visibility of your accounts and total control over your money. It’s secure, simple and fast. Give it a try and tell us what you think. Simple day-to-day banking > Easy payments and transfers > Buy airtime, data, SMS bundles and electricity > Send cash vouchers to anyone with a cellphone > Low-fuss international payments Take control of your money > Open a savings account online > Edit your payment limits, stop cards, or order a new one > Get stamped statements, bank letters and tax certificates > Check your balances without signing in >...