How to Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank Completely
Learn how to delete your Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank account, contact Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected]... Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank".
3. Delete Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank" and Click "Uninstall".
Standard Bank / Stanbic Bank Product Details
The Standard Bank app gives you full visibility of your accounts and total control over your money. It’s secure, simple and fast. Give it a try and tell us what you think. Simple day-to-day banking > Easy payments and transfers > Buy airtime, data, SMS bundles and electricity > Send cash vouchers to anyone with a cellphone > Low-fuss international payments Take control of your money > Open a savings account online > Edit your payment limits, stop cards, or order a new one > Get stamped statements, bank letters and tax certificates > Check your balances without signing in > Submit and track building insurance claims Everything in one place > One view of all your Standard Bank accounts > Manage your vehicle and home loans > Get vehicle loan pre-approval > Link your accounts to your share trading profile > View your Stanlib investments Note that the availability of some features may depend on the region where you live. Your banking app will periodically be automatically updated to make sure you have the latest features and security enhancements. Getting started You’ll need some data to download the app for the first time, but data charges no longer apply when using the SA app itself. If you have a connection, you can do your banking! Transactional features are available to Standard Bank accounts held in South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland and Namibia. Keep in mind that some types of payments include transaction fees. Legal info The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited is a licensed financial services provider in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act; and is a registered credit provider in terms of the National Credit Act, registration number NCRCP15. Stanbic Bank Botswana Limited is a Company (registration number: 1991/1343) incorporated in the Republic of Botswana and a registered commercial bank. Namibia: Standard Bank is a licensed banking institution in terms of the Banking Institutions Act, registration number 78/01799. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is regulated by the Bank of Uganda.