How to Delete My Budget Book Completely
Learn how to delete your My Budget Book account, your personal data and also delete the My Budget Book app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with My Budget Book completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete My Budget Book Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by My Budget Book. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting My Budget Book via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with My Budget Book.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify My Budget Book of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting My Budget Book's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of My Budget Book on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete My Budget Book from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete My Budget Book app from your Iphone
If you want to delete My Budget Book from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the My Budget Book icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on My Budget Book.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the My Budget Book app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete My Budget Book" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete My Budget Book from your Android phone
To delete My Budget Book from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on My Budget Book.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the My Budget Book app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the My Budget Book app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
My Budget Book Software Details
1. • Import existing data or bank statements using the CSV import (other formats may be made available on request).
2. My Budget Book helps you manage your money more effectively through easy recording of your income and expenses.
3. An integrated and comprehensive manual helps you make the most of the features – if you can’t find it there, support is only an e-mail away.
4. • Easily visualize your data as tables or graphs, understanding your income and expenses in a new way.
5. To use the app on multiple devices, or to add automatic backups to your cloud, please read the chapter Synchronization in the integrated manual.
6. Using the individual or recurring transaction features, you’re able to track and forecast your balances.
7. Budget mode allows you to set limits or goals, over custom periods of time.
8. • Enable sorting that distinguishes specific categories, payment types, people, or groups.
9. • Export your data as an HTML, Excel, or CSV file, so you may view or print them with your computer.
10. Define limits for credit card accounts or other payment types.
11. • Automatic local backups so you never lose your data.
12. • Protect your sensitive data with a password or fingerprint (optional).
13. • Add photos or receipts to your transactions, to remember transaction details or reduce paper clutter.
14. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send a message via the integrated Support function.
15. • Comprehensive views, with convenient tabs and a wide variety of sorting options.
16. My Budget Book is under active development, and improving your experience is a priority.
17. • Personalize your Material Design layout including configurable dark mode.