How To Delete MyMerrill Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your MyMerrill account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the MyMerrill app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with MyMerrill completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete MyMerrill Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by MyMerrill. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting MyMerrill via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with MyMerrill.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify MyMerrill of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete MyMerrill's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of MyMerrill on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete MyMerrill from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting MyMerrill app from an Iphone
If you want to delete MyMerrills from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the MyMerrill icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on MyMerrill.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the MyMerrill app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete MyMerrill" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting MyMerrill app from your Android device
To delete MyMerrill from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on MyMerrill.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the MyMerrill app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the MyMerrill app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
MyMerrill Software Details
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management clients can access and manage investment accounts where and when it’s most convenient. Stay Connected with your Advisor • Send messages and documents securely • Scan and send a document to your advisor using your camera Deposit Checks, Transfer Money and Pay Bills • Take photos of checks to deposit them¹ • Transfer money between your linked Merrill investment and Bank of America, N.A. banking accounts • Make transfers to and from accounts held at other financial institutions • Request wire transfers and pay eBills Access Market Research • Read U...