How To Delete MediaFire Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your MediaFire account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the MediaFire app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with MediaFire completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete MediaFire Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by MediaFire. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting MediaFire via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with MediaFire.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify MediaFire of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete MediaFire's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of MediaFire on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete MediaFire from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting MediaFire app from an Iphone
If you want to delete MediaFire from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the MediaFire icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on MediaFire.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the MediaFire app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete MediaFire" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete MediaFire from your Android phone
To delete MediaFire from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on MediaFire.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the MediaFire app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the MediaFire app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
MediaFire Software Details
MediaFire lets you easily upload all your files - like your photos, videos, music, and documents - and access them from anywhere with your phone, tablet, computer, or the web! Upload files and folders from other Android apps (including most file managers) by using the Android "Share to" option and selecting "MediaFire". This will upload the file or folder directly into your MediaFire account. Features: • Automatically backup all your photos and videos. • Upload files from anywhere with "Share to MediaFire". • 12 GB of space - free! • Earn up to 50 GB of free space. • Stream and play...