How to Delete Makara Completely
Learn how to delete your Makara by Betterment account, your personal data and also delete the Makara app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. If you want to end your relationship with Makara by Betterment completely, follow the guide.
Table of Contents:
1. Delete Makara Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Makara by Betterment. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Makara by Betterment via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Makara.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Makara of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. Deleting Makara's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Makara by Betterment on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Makara by Betterment from an iPhone or Android device:
a. How to Delete Makara app from your Iphone
If you want to delete Makara by Betterment from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Makara by Betterment icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Makara by Betterment.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Makara by Betterment app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Makara by Betterment" on the next screen and confirm delete.
b. How to delete Makara from your Android phone
To delete Makara by Betterment from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Makara by Betterment.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Makara by Betterment app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Makara by Betterment app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Makara by Betterment Software Details
1. Makara simplifies cryptocurrency investing through an education-centric experience and a curated set of diversified baskets.
2. Instead of simply letting you buy crypto, we help you invest in it—through education, highly curated and diversified investment options, and an intuitive user experience.
3. The Inflation Hedge Basket includes both Bitcoin and Paxos Gold, and the Universe Basket contains a broad range of cryptocurrencies and offers the most exposure to the market as a whole.
4. Rather than invest in coins one-by-one, Makara baskets allow you to invest in dozens at the same time.
5. Just tell us a few things about yourself (your goals, interests, and risk tolerance), and we’ll suggest the best baskets for you.
6. If you’re interested in Decentralized Finance, choose the curated mix of tokens in the DeFi Basket.
7. We use advanced algorithms to build and manage crypto portfolios that are specifically tuned to each investor's goals and preferences.
8. Our goal is to help you understand exactly what you’re investing in and why.
9. We'll ask you some questions about your goals and interests, then recommend baskets based on your responses.
10. In less than five minutes, you’ll be ready to start investing in cryptocurrencies.
11. There are thousands of assets, all with names that sound alike, and you have to learn an entirely new vocabulary if you hope to understand what anyone is talking about.
12. Makara really is crypto made easy.