How To Delete JioMeet Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your JioMeet account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the JioMeet app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with JioMeet completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete JioMeet Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by JioMeet. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting JioMeet via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with JioMeet.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify JioMeet of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete JioMeet's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of JioMeet on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete JioMeet from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting JioMeet app from an Iphone
If you want to delete JioMeets from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the JioMeet icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on JioMeet.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the JioMeet app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete JioMeet" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting JioMeet app from your Android device
To delete JioMeet from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on JioMeet.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the JioMeet app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the JioMeet app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
JioMeet Software Details
JioMeet is made in India free video-conferencing application. It can be used for 1:1 video calls and hosting meetings with up to 100 participants with enterprise-grade host controls. Feature Highlights • Meeting in HD Audio and Video quality • Create instant meeting and start inviting friends • Schedule a meeting in advance and share meeting details with invitees • Active Speaker view layout • Unlimited Meetings per day • Each meeting can go uninterrupted up to 24hrs • Each meeting is password protected • Host can enable ‘Waiting Room’ to ensure no participant...