How To Delete Google Classroom Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Google Classroom account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Google Classroom app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Google Classroom completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Google Classroom Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Google Classroom. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Google Classroom via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Google Classroom.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Google Classroom of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Google Classroom's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Google Classroom on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Google Classroom from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Google Classroom app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Google Classroom from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Google Classroom icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Google Classroom.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Google Classroom app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Google Classroom" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Google Classroom from your Android phone
To delete Google Classroom from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Google Classroom.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Google Classroom app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Google Classroom app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Google Classroom Software Details
Classroom is a free service for schools, non-profits, and anyone with a personal Google account. Classroom makes it easy for learners and instructors to connect—inside and outside of schools. Classroom saves time and paper, and makes it easy to create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organized. There are many benefits to using Classroom: • Easy to set up – Teachers can add students directly or share a code with their class to join. It takes just minutes to set up. • Saves time – The simple, paperless assignment workflow allows teachers to create, review and mark ass...