How To Delete Find My Friends Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Find My Friends account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Find My Friends app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Find My Friends completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Find My Friends Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Find My Friends. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Find My Friends via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Find My Friends.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Find My Friends of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Find My Friends's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Find My Friends on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Find My Friends from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Find My Friends app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Find My Friends from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Find My Friends icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Find My Friends.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Find My Friends app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Find My Friends" on the next screen and confirm delete.
How to delete Find My Friends from your Android phone
To delete Find My Friends from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Find My Friends.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Find My Friends app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Find My Friends app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Find My Friends Software Details
Find My Friends is a premier location-sharing app that helps you: • Find your friends on a map • Share your location with your friends • Chat with friends • Get info -- on ETA, exact location, etc. • Share news -- about a great new restaurant opening, store sale, etc. • Get directions Whether you’re shopping for a new outfit, camping in the great outdoors or enroute to a party, the Find My Friends GPS functionality makes it easy to locate your friends in real-time. Real-time location sharing is important! Consider two scenarios: Will your habitually late friend make it to the m...