How To Delete Fidelity Investments Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Fidelity Investments account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Fidelity Investments app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Fidelity Investments completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like Fidelity Investments
Delete Fidelity Investments Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Fidelity Investments. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Fidelity Investments via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Fidelity Investments.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Fidelity Investments of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Fidelity Investments's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Fidelity Investments on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Fidelity Investments from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Fidelity Investments app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Fidelity Investmentss from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Fidelity Investments icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Fidelity Investments.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Fidelity Investments app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Fidelity Investments" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Fidelity Investments app from your Android device
To delete Fidelity Investments from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Fidelity Investments.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Fidelity Investments app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Fidelity Investments app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Fidelity Investments Software Details
Put 70 years of Fidelity’s financial experience in the palm of your hand with the Fidelity Investments app. Quickly review news about your investments and interests with your customized Feed. Then trade, manage your money, deposit checks, and pay bills in just a few taps. You’ll stay ahead of the game using our in-depth market research—including Zack’s Bull & Bear of the Day—combined with timely, customizable notifications. Stay connected to every aspect of the financial world so you can learn, track, and trade anytime—anywhere. Cutting Edge Design • New look and feel with simplified...