How to Delete Optum Financial Completely
Learn how to delete your Optum Financial account and personal data from your device.
Table of Contents:
Reading time: 47 seconds
1. Delete Optum Financial Account through Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Optum Financial:
- Under GDPR: EU/UK Residents have the right to ask (via email), an organization that holds data about them to delete it. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. Organizations have one month to respond to the request.
- Under CCPA: California residents have the right to request that a company delete the data/personal information it has on them. A failure to comply with this will result in a fine of upto $7,500.
Now we understand what the Law says, Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- To delete your Optum Financial account, contact Optum Financial via email and provide the reasons for your request.
- Mention the law under which you make your request (GDPR or CCPA).
- Notify Optum Financial of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send the email to [email protected] Login to see email.
2. How to Delete Optum Financial on Iphone
- On iphone, Goto "Settings "
- Click on "General" » "Iphone Storage".
- Select the app, and click "Delete Optum Financial".
3. Delete Optum Financial on Android phone
- Go to your Android phone Settings.
- Click on "Apps & Games".
- Select "Optum Financial" and Click "Uninstall".
Optum Financial Product Details
Managing and paying for eligible health care expenses on the go has never been easier with the Optum Financial mobile app. Designed with unique features like receipt capture and e-sign dependent care certification, you can easily manage account details, access transaction history and view balances - giving you maximum control over you accounts and healthcare finances. Mobile features include: • Access to view and manage all Optum Financial benefit accounts • View account balances and transaction history • Pay providers or reimburse yourself for qualified out-of-pocket expenses • View and manage claims • Receive smart in-app alerts for claims requiring attention • Capture and upload claims documentation through photo capture technology • Quick access to previously submitted documentation • Connect with a live customer care representative via mobile chat 24/7 • Manage account preferences and add account users • Access eligible expenses listing Access Instructions You will need to have an Optum Financial or ConnectYourCare health account to use this app. If you are an Optum Financial or ConnectYourCare customer and need to update your account credentials, please visit www.optumfinancial.com. ABOUT OPTUM FINANCIAL: Optum Financial is advancing the way account holders save and pay for care, connecting the worlds of health and finance in ways that no one else can. Optum Financial is the #1 ranked health accounts administrator with over $17.7B in customer assets under management. By developing proprietary technology and applying advanced analytics in new ways, Optum Financial helps reduce costs while helping people make better health decisions– creating a better health care experience for our customers.