How To Delete CIBC Mobile Banking® Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your CIBC Mobile Banking® account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the CIBC Mobile Banking® app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with CIBC Mobile Banking® completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- How to Delete via Email
- How to Delete on Iphone
- How to Delete on Android
- Apps like CIBC Mobile Banking®
Delete CIBC Mobile Banking® Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by CIBC Mobile Banking®. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting CIBC Mobile Banking® via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with CIBC .
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify CIBC of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete CIBC Mobile Banking®'s App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of CIBC Mobile Banking® on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete CIBC Mobile Banking® from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting CIBC Mobile Banking® app from an Iphone
If you want to delete CIBC Mobile Banking®s from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the CIBC Mobile Banking® icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on CIBC Mobile Banking®.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the CIBC Mobile Banking® app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete CIBC Mobile Banking®" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting CIBC Mobile Banking® app from your Android device
To delete CIBC Mobile Banking® from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on CIBC Mobile Banking®.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the CIBC Mobile Banking® app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the CIBC Mobile Banking® app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
CIBC Mobile Banking® Software Details
CIBC MOBILE IS ON TOP The CIBC Mobile Banking® app earned Forrester’s 2019 top overall score for functionality and user experience. Our priority is to keep bringing you simple, secure banking that fits your life. Compatibility: Requires Android 6.0 or above HOW SIMPLE? SIGN IN, YOUR WAY Securely access your accounts with your fingerprint, face or password. OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT IN MINUTES Apply for bank accounts or credit cards and view your application status in real time. TAKE YOUR BANK WITH YOU Get a snapshot of all your accounts in the same place, anytime....