How To Delete Barclays US Completely
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Barclays US account, get them to delete your personal data too and delete the Barclays US app if you have it installed on your Iphone, Ipad or Android. So, if you want to end your relationship with Barclays US completely, keep reading.
Table of Contents:
Delete Barclays US Account via Email
There are 2 methods to get your data (and account) deleted by Barclays US. They are:
- Under GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation (for EU Residents): This gives you the right to ask an organization that holds data about you, to delete that data. This is known as the ‘right to erasure’. You can make your request verbally or in writing. We recommend writing via email, to serve as evidence. An organization has one calendar month to respond to your request.
- Under CCPA - California Consumer Privacy Act: This empowers California residents to request that a business delete the data/personal information it has on you. The business is legally required to delete the consumer's personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the data too. Failure of a business to comply with the CCPA can result in fines of up to $7,500 per violation.
Now we understand what the laws entail, You can delete your account by contacting Barclays US via email. Here is how to handle the account data deletion request:
- In your email, state the reasons why you want your data/account deleted - Note that under GDPR or CCPA you don't need to provide a reason for your request
- Provide all the relevant information regarding your account with Barclays US.
- Mention the Law under which you make your request - GDPR or CCPA
- Notify Barclays US of the penalty for non-compliance - A $7,500 fine under CCPA and 4% of annual turnover under GDPR.
- Send your email to [email protected] Login to see email.
How To Delete Barclays US's App from your Phone
There are many reasons you may want to get rid of Barclays US on your phone. It may be to clear storage or because you've grown tired of using the app.
Whatever your reason is, here's how to delete Barclays US from an iPhone or Android device:
Deleting Barclays US app from an Iphone
If you want to delete Barclays USs from your iphone, here’s what you should do:
- From your home screen, tap the Barclays US icon and hold till all apps start shaking.
- An "X" sign will appear on the top right corner of the app.
- Click the "X" sign on Barclays US.
- Tap the red delete button and viola!
- From your Iphone settings, click on "General".
- Now click on "Iphone Storage" and scroll down to see all the apps installed on your phone.
- Click the Barclays US app you want to delete.
- Select "Delete Barclays US" on the next screen and confirm delete.
Deleting Barclays US app from your Android device
To delete Barclays US from your android device, here's what you should do:
- Open Google Play
- From the hamburger menu icon, go to "My Apps & Games".
- From the list of available apps on your device, click on Barclays US.
- Next, tap "Uninstall".
- From your home screen or app drawer, tap and hold the Barclays US app you want to delete.
- Click the part of the screen that shows "Uninstall".
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Click on 'Apps'.
- Select the Barclays US app you want to delete.
- Click "Uninstall".
Barclays US Software Details
It is easier than ever to securely access your account regardless of where you are with the Barclays App for Android™. Pay your bill, check your balance and transactions, see account activity, manage alerts, and much more. FEATURES - Now access your complimentary FICO® Credit Score any time - Set up your Username and Password log in credentials so you can manage your account on the go - Go paperless! Cut down on clutter and enroll in paperless statements easily from the app - Use Peek for a quick-view of key account information before you log in - With Purchase planner you can estima...